Temporary scores: Bangladesh 222/10 (Liton Das 121, Soumya Sarkar 33; Kuldeep Yadav three/45, Kedar Jadhav 2/41) misplaced to India 223/7 (Rohit Sharma 48, Dinesh Karthik 37, MS Dhoni 36, Kedar Jadhav 23*, Ravindra Jadeja 23; Rubel Hossain 2/26, Mustafizur Rahman 2/38) by three wickets
- India received the Asia Cup for a seventh time, beating Bangladesh by three wickets within the last of the 2018 version. This was India’s 489th ODI win total and the 29th in opposition to Bangladesh.
- Being put into bat by Rohit Sharma after he received the toss, Liton Das made his maiden ODI hundred to first get Bangladesh off to begin and, after a wobble within the center section, ensured they at the very least posted a 200-plus whole with a 117-ball 121.
- Together with Mehidy Hasan, who surprisingly opened the innings for Bangladesh, Liton put collectively a 120-run stand. This was Bangladesh’s highest opening partnership in opposition to India (the earlier highest being 102 between Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar in 2015) and the primary 100-run opening partnership in 27 ODIs, the final coming in December 2016.
- Mehidy turned the fifth participant in Asia Cup historical past, and the primary Bangladeshi, to open the batting and bowling, together with his taking the brand new ball for the second match in a row.
- Shikhar Dhawan completed the 2018 Asia Cup as the best run-scorer with 342 runs, whereas Rashid Khan, with 10 wickets, was the best wicket-taker.
- Captaining India in an ODI for time, Rohit Sharma recorded his seventh win.