Temporary scores: India 107 (Ravichandran Ashwin 29; James Anderson 5/20) and 130 (R Ashwin 33*, Hardik Pandya 26; James Anderson four/23, Stuart Broad four/44) misplaced to England 396/7 dec. (Chris Woakes 137*, Jonny Bairstow 93, Sam Curran 40; Mohammed Shami three/96) by an innings and 159 runs
- India’s twin batting failures at Lord’s consigned them to an enormous defeat within the second Check of the five-match sequence. That is India’s 32nd Check defeat on English soil and 45th in opposition to England in 119 Checks.
- Ollie Pope turned the 687th participant to play Check cricket for England, changing Dawid Malan in England’s taking part in XI for the second Check.
- Chris Woakes’s maiden Check hundred and Jonny Bairstow’s 19th Check half-century arrange England’s large win on the Dwelling of Cricket, after the English bowlers bowled India out for a paltry 107 on the second day of the Check. Woakes gained the man-of-the-match award for his performances with bat and ball.
- James Anderson took 5/20 within the first innings (his greatest bowling efficiency in an innings in 2018) to assist bowl the customer out for a small first-innings rating after Joe Root had gained the toss and chosen to bowl first.
- Anderson additionally turned solely the second bowler in Check historical past to take 100 Check wickets at a venue (Lord’s), emulating the feat achieved by Muttiah Muralidharan, who took 100 Check wickets at three venues in Sri Lanka.
- Stuart Broad turned the 10th highest wicket-taker in Check cricket with 424 wickets by taking 5/81 within the match.
- Virat Kohli suffered his first innings defeat as India’s Check captain and the seventh loss general.