Transient scores: England 246 (Sam Curran 78, Moeen Ali 40; Jasprit Bumrah three/46, Ishant Sharma 2/26) and 271 (Jos Buttler 69; Joe Root 48, Sam Curran 46; Mohammed Shami four/57, Ishant 2/26) beat India 273 (Cheteshwar Pujara 132*, Virat Kohli 46; Moeen 5/63, Stuart Broad three/63) and (Virat Kohli 58, Ajinkya Rahane 51; Moeen four/71, James Anderson 2/33) by 60 runs
- India suffered their 33rd Take a look at defeat on English soil and 164th general of their Take a look at historical past, happening by runs within the fourth Take a look at at Ageas Bowl and dropping the five-Take a look at sequence with one match left to play.
- Sam Curran made his second half-century (a 136-ball 78) in his comeback Take a look at match and guided England to 246 within the first innings after they had been 177/eight at one stage.
- In response, India had Cheteshwar Pujara anchor the innings, making his 15th Take a look at century—an unbeaten 132, his first three-figure rating on English soil and first outdoors Asia since January 2013—serving to India take a 27-run first-innings lead after they’d been 195/eight at one level.
- Moeen Ali took his fifth Take a look at five-wicket haul in what was his comeback Take a look at as effectively after being disregarded for the primary three Checks.
- Within the second innings, Jos Buttler helped England get well from 92/four to take a wholesome second-innings lead by making his ninth Take a look at half-century (a 122-ball 69), combining handsomely with Ben Stokes and Sam Curran for the sixth and seventh wickets to enhance the lead.
- Chasing 245, Virat Kohli (a 130-ball 58) and Ajinkya Rahane (a 159-ball 51) made their respective 19th and 14th Take a look at half-centuries and put collectively 101 runs for the fourth wicket to present India hope of overhauling the goal, however finally couldn’t.
- Virat Kohli suffered his eighth Take a look at defeat as Indian captain in 39 Checks, having earlier introduced up 4000 runs as Indian captain and changing into the second-fastest Indian batsman to achieve 6000 Take a look at runs.