Temporary scores: India 329 (Virat Kohli 97, Ajinkya Rahane 81; James Anderson three/64, Stuart Broad three/72, Chris Woakes three/75) and 352/7 dec. (Kohli 103, Cheteshwar Pujara 72, Hardik Pandya 52*; Adil Rashid three/101, Ben Stokes 2/68) beat England 161 (Jos Buttler 39; Pandya 5/28, Ishant Sharma 2/32) and 317 (Buttler 106, Ben Stokes 62; Jasprit Bumrah 5/85) by 203 runs
- India recorded their seventh Check victory on English soil, second at Trent Bridge and 146th win total, maintaining themselves alive within the collection with a thumping -run win within the third Check of the collection.
- Rishabh Pant grew to become the 291st Check participant for India, changing Dinesh Karthik within the Indian enjoying XI for the third Check.
- Virat Kohli made his 18th half-century within the first innings and adopted up his 97 with a dogged 103 (his 23rd Check century) within the second to place India in a commanding place with an total lead of 520. He shared a 159-run, fourth-wicket partnership with deputy Ajinkya Rahane, who himself made 81, his 13th Check half-century. Virat Kohli, for his mixture of 200 runs within the Check match and main India to a win, was awarded the person of the match.
- Between his half-century and century, Hardik Pandya recorded his greatest bowling figures in Check cricket, 5/28, which helped India bowl England out for 161 within the post-lunch session on day two, conceding a 168-run first-innings result in India.
- Kohli additionally grew to become the very best run scorer in Check this calendar 12 months, taking his tally previous 700 runs.
- Aided by India’s place within the Check match and the license to play freely, Pandya made his fourth Check half-century, an unbeaten, run-a-ball-52 which helped India get to their desired whole shortly and declare late on the third night.
- Jos Buttler made his maiden Check hundred (176-ball 106) and put collectively a 169-run partnership for the fifth wicket with Ben Stokes within the second innings, Stokes himself making his 15th Check half-century (a 187-ball 62).
- Main India for the 38th time within the format, Virat Kohli recorded his 22nd Check win, going previous Sourav Ganguly’s tally of 21 Check wins as Indian captain and turning into India’s second-most profitable Check captain.