Transient scores: India 256/eight (Virat Kohli 71, Shikhar Dhawan 44, MS Dhoni 42; Adil Rashid three/49, David Willey three/40) misplaced to England 260/2 (Joe Root 100*, Eoin Morgan 88*; Shardul Thakur 1/51) by eight wickets
- England beat India by eight wickets within the third ODI to register a 2-1 collection win, which is their first over India since 2011. They’ve now received eight consecutive ODI collection of multiple match and introduced an finish to India’s streak of 9 consecutive ODI collection wins.
- This was their 41st ODI win over India in 99 matches and 21st on residence soil.
- Joe Root and Eoin Morgan shared an unbeaten 186-run partnership for the third wicket to information England to a series-securing win.
- Root made his 13th ODI century, ending unbeaten on 100 (120 balls, 10×four) with Eoin Morgan making his 39th ODI half-century and likewise ending unbeaten on 88 (108 balls, 9×four, 1×6)
- Virat Kohli accomplished 3000 ODI runs as captain—he’s additionally the quickest to attain 3000 runs as captain (49 innings)—on his strategy to scoring his 48th ODI half-century, making a 72-ball 71 (eight×four) and serving to India get well from the early lack of Rohit Sharma in partnerships with Shikhar Dhawan, Dinesh Karthik and MS Dhoni.
- England accomplished bowling 4000 deliveries with out a front-foot no-ball. They restricted India to 256/eight with a disciplined bowling efficiency on a dry floor which Adil Rashid made essentially the most of, taking three/49 in an important spell. Rashid was named the person of the match for his match-changing bowling efficiency.
- Captaining India for the 52nd time in an ODI, Virat Kohli tasted his 12th loss.