Transient scores: England 268/10 (Jos Buttler 53, Ben Stokes 50; Kuldeep Yadav 6/25, Umesh Yadav 2/70) misplaced to India 269/2 (Rohit Sharma 137*, Virat Kohli 75, Shikhar Dhawan 40; Moeen Ali 1/60) by eight wickets
- An eight-wicket win at Trent Bridge within the collection opener has put India 1-Zero up within the three-match ODI collection. That is their 484th ODI win total, 16th on English soil and 53rd in opposition to England
- Siddarth Kaul grew to become the 221st ODI participant for India, enjoying instead of Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who missed the match with a again harm.
- Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes made their 18th and 13th ODI half-centuries respectively, and collectively, they placed on a 93-run partnership for the fifth wicket to revive England’s innings
- With a spell of 6/25, Kuldeep Yadav recorded his greatest ODI bowling figures and helped India limit England to lower than a par complete.
- Chasing 269, India had Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli sew collectively a 167-run, second-wicket partnership to take India nearer to victory earlier than Kohli was dismissed for an 82-ball 75 (7×four), his 47th ODI half-century.
- Rohit made his 18th ODI hundred and remained unbeaten within the chase of 269. His unbeaten 114-ball 137 was punctuated by 15 fours and 4 sixes.
- Captaining India for the 50th time in ODI cricket, Virat Kohli recorded his 39th win as captain. He has thereby joined Ricky Ponting and Clive Lloyd because the captains who had as many wins after 50 ODIs as captain.