Temporary scores: England 322/7 (Joe Root 113, Eoin Morgan 53, David Willey 50*; Kuldeep Yadav three/68) beat India 236/10 (Suresh Raina 46, Virat Kohli 45; Liam Plunkett four/46, David Willey 2/48) by 86 runs
- England recorded their 40th general win over India and 20th on residence soil, responding strongly with an 86-run victory within the 2nd ODI, at Lord’s.
- Joe Root‘s 12th ODI century (116-ball 113; eight×four, 1×6) and half-centuries from Eoin Morgan (his 38th in ODI cricket) and David Willey (his maiden ODI 50) helped England put up 322/7 batting first.
- MS Dhoni took his 300th catch in One-Day Worldwide cricket.
- MS Dhoni additionally grew to become the fourth Indian batsman, and 12th general, to finish 10000 runs in ODI cricket, after Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid. He’s additionally the fifth-fastest to get to 10000 ODI runs, reaching the landmark in his 273rd ODI innings.
- Virat Kohli tasted his 11th defeat as Indian ODI captain, main India for the 51st time within the format.