Transient scores: India 336/5 (Rohit Sharma 140, Virat Kohli 77, KL Rahul 57; Mohammad Amir three/47) beat Pakistan 212/6 (Fakhar Zaman 62, Babar Azam 48; Vijay Shankar 2/22, Kuldeep Yadav 2/32, Hardik Pandya 2/44) by 89 runs by DLS methodology
India vs Pakistan World Cup 2019, key stats
- Rohit Sharma grabbed the initiative for India with an assertive begin towards the Pakistan new-ball bowlers after which kicked on to put the inspiration for India’s huge complete with a 113-ball 140 (14 fours, three sixes). It was Rohit Sharma’s 24th ODI century and his second of this World Cup.
- Rohit’s knock was complemented by KL Rahul scoring his third ODI half-century (a 78-ball 57) and captain Virat Kohli making his 51st ODI half-century (a 65-ball 77), serving to India attain 336 for 5 after being put in to bat by Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed. Kohli additionally grew to become the quickest batsman to succeed in 11000 runs in ODI cricket, attending to the landmark in 222 innings, bettering Sachin Tendulkar’s document of 276 innings.
- In Pakistan’s chase of 337, Fakhar Zaman scored his fourth ODI half-century (a 75-ball 62) however couldn’t convert it right into a 100-plus rating which may have helped his staff make a greater fist of it.
- This was India’s seventh consecutive win over Pakistan in World Cups, whereas this was their 55th total in 132 ODIs towards the arch-rivals.
- Captaining India for the 72nd time in ODIs, Kohli recorded his 52nd win.