Temporary scores: South Africa 118/10 (Jean-Paul Duminy 25; Yuzvendra Chahal 5/22, Kuldeep Yadav three/20) misplaced to India 119/1 (Shikhar Dhawan 51*, Virat Kohli 46*) by 9 wickets
2nd ODI, statistical highlights:
- 118 is now South Africa’s lowest ODI rating on residence soil, their earlier lowest whole being 119 in opposition to England again in 2009, at St George’s Park in Port Elizabeth.
- Yuzvendra Chahal registered his finest bowling figures in ODI, additionally his maiden five-wicket haul, by taking 5 for 22 in eight.2 overs; his victims had been Quinton de Kock, Jean-Paul Duminy, Khayelihle Zondo, Chris Morris, and Morne Morkel.
- Kuldeep Yadav bettered his earlier finest ODI bowling figures of three for 34, which he had recorded solely within the first ODI, by taking three for 20 in six overs.
- Shikhar Dhawan scored his 24th ODI half-century (51*) in India’s chase of 119, whereas additionally sharing a 93-run, unbroken second-wicket partnership with captain Virat Kohli.
- Aiden Markram turned the second-youngest captain to guide South Africa in an ODI (23 years and 123 days), with solely Graeme Smith (22 years and 71 days) forward of him on the record. Total, he’s the tenth-youngest ODI captain.
- Captaining India for the 45th time in an ODI, Virat Kohli registered his 35th victory, shedding solely 9 and having one no outcome.