2nd T20, statistical highlights
- South Africa efficiently chased down 189 to win the second T20I by six wickets and stage the three-match collection. That is now the very best profitable chase at SuperSport Park, the place the earlier finest chase was a mere 128 (by Australia).
- Heinrich Klaasen made his maiden T20I half-century and paved the best way for a South African win along with his clear hitting of Yuzvendra Chahal, specifically. His 30-ball 69 (three×four, 7×6), to go along with the 93-run partnership he shared with Jean-Paul Duminy for the third wicket, helped the Proteas coast to the goal of 189 with eight balls to spare.
- JP Duminy, with an unbeaten 40-ball 64, was the second-highest scorer for South Africa. This was his 10th T20I half-century. This victory was his fourth as South African captain in seven Twenty20 Internationals.
- Earlier within the night, Manish Pandey (79*) and MS Dhoni (52*) made quickfire half-centuries (their second) which propelled India to 188/four batting first.
- Yuzvendra Chahal has the third-worst bowling figures in T20I cricket, having conceded 64 runs in his 4 overs.
- Virat Kohli suffered his fifth loss as India T20I captain in his 12th match.
- An damage to Jasprit Bumrah meant Shardul Thakur made his T20I debut, changing into the 73rd Indian participant to characteristic on this format.