Transient scores: India 289/7 (Shikhar Dhawan 109, Virat Kohli 75; Lungi Ngidi 2 for 52, Kagiso Rabada 2 for 58) misplaced to South Africa 207/5 (Heinrich Klaasen 43*, David Miller 39; Kuldeep Yadav 2 for 51) by 5 wickets (D/L methodology)
4th ODI, statistical highlights
- Courtesy a five-wicket D/L win, South Africa maintained their 100 per cent win report in Pink ODIs, having now received all six of them.
- Captaining South Africa for the third time, Aiden Markram tasted his first ODI win, a commanding victory by 5 wickets and with 15 balls to spare in a match that was diminished to 28 overs on account of lightning and rain.
- Heinrich Klaasen, for his unbeaten 27-ball 43, which led his staff to this important win and preserve the sequence alive, was awarded the person of the match.
- Enjoying his 100th ODI, Shikhar Dhawan made his 13th ODI hundred (a 105-ball 109, punctuated by 10 fours and two sixes), turning into the primary Indian participant, and ninth general, to attain a century in his 100th match.
- Virat Kohli made his 46th ODI half-century, an 83-ball 75 (7×four, 1×6), whereas he additionally shared a 158-run partnership for the second wicket with Dhawan.
- On the captaincy entrance, this was Kohli’s 10th defeat in 47 ODIs as captain.