Temporary scores: India 274/7 (Rohit Sharma 115, Virat Kohli 36, Shikhar Dhawan 34; Lungi Ngidi four for 51) beat South Africa 201/10 (Hashim Amla 72, Heinrich Klaasen 39, David Miller 36; Kuldeep Yadav four for 57, Hardik Pandya 2 for 30, Yuzvendra Chahal 2 for 43) by 73 runs
fifth ODI, statistical highlights:
- India, courtesy their 73-run victory within the fifth ODI, secured their maiden bilateral ODI sequence victory on the South African soil. This was additionally their first-ever win at St George’s Park in Port Elizabeth, the place they hadn’t received in earlier 5 matches.
- Rohit Sharma made his 17th ODI century and 15th as an opener after he had been given a reprieve by Tabraiz Shamsi when on 96. He was caught behind for 115 runs off 126 balls (11×four, four×6). Rohit was awarded the person of the match for his batting efficiency, which was judged to have made the distinction.
- Lungi Ngidi, taking part in simply his third One-Day Worldwide, registered his greatest ODI bowling figures, taking four for 51 in 9 overs; the final 4 overs of his spell costing solely 18 runs for the cut price of all of the 4 wickets.
- Hashim Amla made his 35th ODI half-century and, within the course of, additionally reached 7500 ODI runs. He was run out by Hardik Pandya for 71 off 92 balls (5×four). He fell with South Africa needing 109 runs to win the fifth ODI and hold the sequence alive.
- David Miller went previous 2500 ODI runs.
- This was Virat Kohli’s 37th ODI win as India captain, in his 48th match.