Temporary scores: South Africa 204/10 (Khayelihle Zondo 54; Shardul Thakur four for 52, Jasprit Bumrah 2 for 24, Yuzvendra Chahal 2 for 38) misplaced to India (Virat Kohli 129*, Ajinkya Rahane 34*; Lungi Ngidi 2 for 54) by eight wickets
sixth ODI, statistical highlights
- India gained the sixth ODI by wickets and with it, gained this six-match sequence by a 1-5 margin.
- Virat Kohli made his 35th ODI century and the 21st in a run-chase, serving to India chase down the goal of 205 with a whopping 107 balls to spare.
- Shardul Thakur, taking part in his third one-day worldwide and instead of Bhuvneshwar Kumar, registered his finest ODI bowling figures of four for 52 in eight.5 overs.
- Virat Kohli went previous 500 runs this ODI sequence and now holds the report for probably the most runs in a bilateral sequence (558).
- This was Virat Kohli’s 38th win as Indian ODI captain, in 49 matches.