Temporary scores: India 303/6 (Virat Kohli 160*, Shikhar Dhawan 76; Jean-Paul Duminy 2 for 60) beat South Africa 179/10 (Jean-Paul Duminy 51; Kuldeep Yadav four for 23, Yuzvendra Chahal four for 46) by 124 runs
third ODI, statistical highlights
- For the primary time ever, India have recorded three ODI wins in a bilateral collection in opposition to South Africa in South Africa, profitable the third ODI by 124 runs.
- Virat Kohli made his 34th ODI century, third in opposition to South Africa and second on South African soil, along with his unbeaten 160 off 159 balls driving India to 303/6 after that they had been 236/6 within the 43rd over. This hundred was Kohli’s 14th whereas batting first; 20 have are available run-chases. The Indian captain was awarded the person of the match for this knock.
- Kohli now has the third-most ODI centuries as captain, with solely AB de Villiers (13)
and Ricky Ponting (22) forward.
- Shikhar Dhawan, taking part in his 99th One-Day Worldwide, made his 25th ODI half-century (a 63-ball 76), following up his unbeaten 51 within the final match.
- MS Dhoni turned the fourth wicketkeeper to have an effect on 400 ODI dismissals, becoming a member of the membership of Kumar Sangakkara (482), Adam Gilchrist (472) and Mark Boucher (424).
- Kohli recorded his 36th ODI victory as captain in his 46th match (9 losses and one no end result).
- Rohit Sharma was dismissed for the 12th duck of his ODI profession. India have now gained six and misplaced 5 ODIs—whereas one match resulted in a no-result—when he has been dismissed for a duck.
- India have now gained two ODIs, and misplaced two ODIs, in 4 matches on the Newlands in Cape City, in opposition to South Africa.
- Kuldeep Yadav recorded his greatest ODI bowling figures, four for 23.