Temporary scores: India 172/7 (Shikhar Dhawan 47, Suresh Raina 43; Junior Dala three for 35, Chris Morris 2 for 43) beat South Africa 165/6 (Jean-Paul Duminy 55, Christiaan Jonker 49*; Bhuvneshwar Kumar 2 for 24) by 7 runs
third T20, statistical highlights
- Courtesy a seven-run win, India sealed their maiden T20I sequence win on South African soil. India have now gained 5 of the seven T20Is (a win proportion of 85.71) they’ve performed in opposition to the Proteas in their very own den.
- Junior Dala, taking part in solely his third T20I, document his finest bowling figures: three for 35 in 4 overs.
- Christiaan Jonker grew to become South Africa’s 76th T20I participant, having changed Jon-Jon Smuts within the taking part in XI. He very almost made a half-century on his T20I debut, ending unbeaten on 49.
- Within the absence of Virat Kohli attributable to a stiff again, Rohit Sharma captained India for the fourth time in a T20 Worldwide. He now has a 100 per cent win document as captain on this format. His reverse quantity, Jean-Paul Duminy, suffered his fourth defeat as South Africa T20I captain in eight matches.
- JP Duminy made his 12th T20I half-century, which additionally helped him turn into the fifth-highest T20I run-scorer, whereas Rohit Sharma broke into the highest 10 run-scorers on this format.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar was awarded the person of the sequence for taking 7 for 67 in three matches, whereas Suresh Raina, for his all-round exhibiting (43 runs with the bat and a wicket), bagged the person of the match award.