India 474/10 (Shikhar Dhawan 107, Murali Vijay 105, Hardik Pandya 71; Yamin Ahmadzai three for 51) beat Afghanistan 109/10 (Mohammad Nabi 24; Ravichandran Ashwin four for 27 and Ravindran Jadeja 2 for 18) and 103/10 (Hashmatullah Shahidi 36*; Jadeja four for 17, Umesh Yadav three for 26) by an innings and 262 runs
- India, by bowling Afghanistan out twice on day two of the one-off Check, turned the primary Asian staff to win a Check match inside two days, beating the 12th Check-playing nation by an innings and 262 runs; this was additionally India’s largest innings victory, bettering the innings victory by 239 runs over Bangladesh in 2007
- This was the primary time a Check match performed within the sub-continent was over inside two days
- Ajinkya Rahane received his second Check match as captain, having additionally led India to a big-margin victory towards Australia in Dharamsala in March 2017
- The victory was arrange by India’s openers, Shikhar Dhawan and Murali Vijay, who struck centuries on day one to assist India publish a giant first-innings complete. Shikhar Dhawan scored his seventh Check century, a 96-ball 107, whereas Murali Vijay made his 12th Check hundred, a 153-ball 105.
- Shikhar Dhawan received the person of the match award for his aggressive knock. He turned the primary Indian batsman to attain a century earlier than lunch on day one in all a Check match.
- Hardik Pandya made his third Check half-century, a 94-ball 71 which helped India publish a rating near 500 after being diminished to six for 334 on day one
- Umesh Yadav turned the 22nd Indian bowler to take 100 Check wickets, a landmark which he reached enjoying 37th Check, having made his Check debut in 2011