Temporary scores: West Indies (Nicholas Pooran 53*, Darren Bravo 43*; Yuzvendra Chahal 2/28)
third T20, statistical highlights
- India recorded their 68th T20I win total, and the third in opposition to the West Indies on dwelling soil, by six wickets.
- Nicholas Pooran made his maiden half-century in T20 Worldwide cricket (an unbeaten 53 runs off 25 balls, punctuated by 4 fours and 4 sixes) and was, together with his capacity to strike the ball cleanly and improvise, the catalyst for West Indies attending to 181 having chosen to bat first after Carlos Brathwaite gained the toss.
- Pooran was well-complemented by Darren Bravo, who completed with 43 runs off 37 balls. Collectively, Pooran and Bravo placed on 87 runs for the fourth wicket, off simply 48 balls.
- For India, Shikhar Dhawan made his eighth T20I half-century and in addition his highest T20I rating (a 62-ball 92, punctuated by 10 fours and two sixes). Dhawan was the perfect foil for the way in which extra adventurous Rishabh Pant, who made his maiden T20I half-century, a 38-ball 58 (5×four, three×6), which helped India keep abreast of the required run-rate.
- The Dhawan-Pant pair put collectively 130 runs for the third wicket and turned a stiff chase into a cushty one for the house crew.
- Captaining India for the 12th time in T20Is, Rohit Sharma recorded his 11th win.